Monday, March 12, 2012


There is something about this scene that I loved.  The bright light shining on the stark white of the barn.  The rest in shadows.  I find it arresting.  When thinking about it, it's probably because it shows what I feel so frequently.  Yes, no.  Now, then.  Loved, not.  Right, wrong.  Stay, go.  Likable, less.  I spend so much time trying to create a more complex palette, but when in the throws of something -- when my gut is in charge -- I am a pure dualist.  I define the world in such extremes.  I wish, instead, that I could change my perspective and let what is be.  Or better yet, I wish I could -- especially in those snap quick moments -- just feel the gift in it.  Define my life as movement from one beauty to the next.  This barn, so white, is bedazzling because of the black edges, the dark fringe.  It only works in total.  So stay or go, or, perhaps, just give thanks.  Loved or not, just bend in appreciation.  Now or then, just lean into the line I am on.  The infinite number of points, together all, making the path I am on.

No comments: