Friday, July 9, 2010

okay...

So yesterday, Eddie the door man from Home Depot, came over and installed a replacement door for the deck entrance of my house. That completed the "Welcome to 3267" summer. New driveway apron, refurbished sidesteps, new front porch rug and cleaned siding and, at last, the replacement of the swollen and non-shutting backdoor.

Yes, I was taking it to a symbolic level. I even told Eddie that now every way into the house is as functional and beautiful as possible. "My house is ready for someone new, no matter how they want to enter." He just looked at me curiously and said, "Could you hand me that Allen wrench?"

Well, apparently, the first guest I had was a medium sized animal (skunk? raccoon? possum? loose dog?) who decided to take a watery poop on my front porch. I wonder what the metaphor is in that? That my next love will be someone with bowel problems? That my next love will be "an animal?" Or that this analogy is full of of shit?

Either way, this isn't quite working out the way I envisioned.


No comments: