Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm scared

...by this storm,
by the prospect of driving home, from Cincinnati, through it.
I'm scared of driving alone, everywhere
always, for the rest of my life.
And, if that is true, I will drive less and less,
and everything I will see is Lake Effect snow.
I need to have more confidence, in my courage,
in my car, in my carriage, in my ability to move
from one place to another, as I have been doing
for the last few year. I got myself to whole again,
I got myself to Los Angeles, to Columbus, Indiana,
I got myself to fearless again, to sassy again.
I brought myself back to myself, so surely,
if I just try to gather the truth and not
the unknown non-truth, than I can get myself home.
All by myself. Because that's the kind of person I am,
and the kind of person someone else will
be so glad to know.

No comments: