Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Two boulders

I keep asking the same two boulder questions over and over:
who will she be and when will love happen?
The same two questions most people ask, I bet.
I am as common as Ohio flint.

But today I have decided to ask things a new way,
rub raw more memorable stones.
What sound do I miss tasting most?
How many eyes will I need to see?
Why would the tree not bend in the storm?
Is it the clouds moving or the wind?
Is it the falling or the landing of the snow?
When is the skin too waxy to take a bite?

I keep trying to crunch off a morsel
from the same large boulders,
but instead, it would be so easy to put
a small river pebble in my mouth.
No god likes to be nagged into submission.
Instead, let me turn it all inside out.
Ask myself down a new path of thinking.

No comments: