Sunday, May 30, 2010

the avett brothers

I am not ashamed to say that I cried three times at the concert tonight. Cried right in front of Katie's mom and her friend, Robin. Beautiful women. And Katie and Abby, beautiful young women. And the people near us. The woman who helped me up, the man with his pregnant wife, the four guys smoking pot. I cried in front of the stars, and under the sky, with gratitude I cried for being alone. I cried for being together. I cried because the words and melody were like identical twins and I was an older step sister from another mother. I cried when the crowd sang along. I cried when the people jumped and clapped. I cried because people get this music, love this music. I cried because I was someone on this night who got to hear this song.


We came for salvation
We came for family
We came for all that's good that's how we'll walk away
We came to break the bad
We came to cheer the sad
We came to leave behind the world a better wa
y



No comments: