Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Best story I heard today was someone else's

This, from Tia: 

I wanted to share with you something that happened to me today.

I ate lunch at one of my favorite places in Streetsboro today. When I went up to pay my bill the girl said...

The man sitting next to you said...tell that woman thanks for smiling that smile, it's warm and it made me feel good. He said he wanted to repay you, so he bought your lunch.

I stood there a minute kind of overwhelmed with emotion, not believing that a stranger said that and then bought my lunch.

...and then it inspired me to take action.

As I looked around the restaurant there were three tables of people still eating.

The old couple that were sitting behind me, not talking to each other the whole time.

The two detectives that I see about once a week.

The two older women who I have also noticed in the restaurant before.

I could not choose just one table to buy for so I bought lunch for all of them.

I asked the girl not to tell them who paid, but instead asked her to tell them...if they could...at some point pay it forward.

I walked out to my car and drove away.

I went to the nursing home up the street, I was doing wound care on a patient had to go to the nurses station for supplies.

Donna, says you are not going to believe this. I went to get lunch at Blasioles and someone had paid for it.

She said the waitress said that it has been the craziest day.

A guy bought a woman's lunch because he said she said her warm smile made him feel good.

That woman bought lunch for the three tables of people left in the restaurant.

The waitress said the woman that bought lunch for everyone asked me to say, if you can pay it forward.

She said mentioned that to the two older woman who said...there is no one left here for us to buy lunch for.

...and the waitress said...I did just get a to go order from the nurses down the street.

Donna, just could not believe it. I did not say anything.

I walked out of that office feeling so good, a smile inspired a random act of kindness which inspired three other acts of kindness which inspired another.

...and how crazy is it that one of the nurses where I go was involved.

No comments: