Saturday, November 19, 2011

My favorite moment of a good day


S: What are you doing?
Me: Chopping down the garden.
S: Why?  Will the flowers die?
Me: No, it's just like giving them a winter haircut.
S: That's funny.  You're funny.
Me: Thank you.
S: I like the way you are carrying that.
(I had mushed the cuttings and was carrying them between two rakes used like a clam shell)
Me: Pretty smart, huh?
S: Yep.
Me: The Sweeney-Reinhold garden is done for the year. Hey, do you even know my last name?
S: No.
Me: It's Reinhold.
S: That's kind of a funny name.
Me: I like it.
S: My name is Sheridan Kylie Sweeney
(I'm not quite sure about that spelling, so my apologies, if necessary, to Anne and Cullen)
Me: My name is Jean Carroll Reinhold
S: Reinhold is a funny name.  But not Sweeney.
Me: I like Reinhold.
S: But you're a Sweeney too.
Me: Am I?
S: You are.  You're a Sweeney, too.
Me: I am?  I like that.
S: You are.  My mom said so. 

No comments: