Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thank you, today


For Nikki, her friendship.
For a good powerpoint,
then another.
For Matt in an argyle.
For Anne coming home.
For Cullen's obvious relief.
For Tortilla soup,
and mashed potatoes.
For groups of people working together.
For the people who trust the process will work.
For Helen talking to Grace,
and Grace talking to Helen.
For black turtleneck sweaters,
and new black jeans.
For the feeling that I actually look good in them.
For my colleagues showing how talented they are.
For them counting on me,
for believing that my goal is to help them.
For a crowded-enough room,
people laughing, people nodding,
people changing doubt into support. 
Thank you for Tia checking in on me.  
Thank you for Mucinex D.
And a packet of lozenges from CVS.
For the line not being long.
For chicken salad and toast.
The dryer fluffing my clothes.
The bath that is filling.
The quiet in my house now that this day is done.

No comments: